Gluten-free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
After a hiatus, Style It Kosher is back in business! I’m happy to report that in my absence from this blog, I got married! I’ll begin my return with a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, a bit healthier than the original. They’re gluten-free, vegan, and cane-sugar free. Adapted from Go Dairy Free. Makes 2 dozen cookies.
3 Tbs water
2 tsp ground flaxseeds
1-1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour Blend
1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free Oat Flour
1 tsp Xanthan Gum
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
2/3 cup Earth Balance Organic Coconut Spread
1 cup palm sugar
1-1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
1 tsp powdered cloves
1 cup all-natural parve chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine water and ground flaxseeds in a stand mixer with beater attachment, and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift the flours, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In the stand mixer with flax mixture, add the margarine, palm sugar, and vanilla, and beat until creamy.
- Beat-in flour mixture until well combined, then stir-in ground cloves, and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough in rounded tablespoon-size drops on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until browned (should be soft).
- Let them cool slightly on the baking sheet. Enjoy warm and gooey right out of the oven, or store in an airtight container.